My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://madamab.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

What. An. Ass.

It's official. Not only do I not like Barack Obama's campaign style - I actually don't like him.

Until last night, I was planning to vote for any of the top three Democrats. Despite my problems with Senator Obama's right-wing approach, I didn't even consider withholding my vote from him. This election is too important.

But that was before last night.

The brilliant Jane Hamsher at Firedoglake got there first - with video. I won't elaborate too much, but this is what got me permanently angry with the Senator:

OBAMA: I think there is no doubt that [Hillary Clinton] has higher negatives than any of the remaining Democratic candidates, that's just a fact. And there are some who will not vote for her. I have no doubt that once the nomination contest is over, I will get the people who voted for her. Now the question is, could she get the people who voted for me?


I don't know, could she? One thing Obama says is that due to her high negatives, he can get votes Hillary can't. Both he and Edwards are using this type of argument. I think it's kind of a stupid one, considering polls show that she can beat any Republic in the general...and that's without the Republic having to campaign for several months against her. That part doesn't bother me.

But as for Obama's supporters not voting for Hillary, that's an incredible - and offensive - statement. Hillary has, in effect, already asked her supporters to vote for Obama or Edwards if she is not the nominee. In fact, she's done that many times during the campaign - including in her concession speech in Iowa. Edwards also appeared on Olbermann that night, and said that without a doubt, he would also encourage his supporters to vote for the Democratic nominee no matter who it was.

Barack Obama's words are in stark contrast to those of his fellow candidates. They reflect a man who is so in love with himself that he puts himself over both party AND country.

I've got news for Mr. Obama. I would happily vote for Hillary or Edwards without blinking an eye, but as of last night, this is one vote you will NEVER GET. I hope like hell you are not the nominee, but if you are, I will write in Al Gore.

What. An. Ass.

No comments: