My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://madamab.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, June 29, 2007

Aruba Pix - Enjoy!


This is the view from our balcony. You can see a lot of the resort and the beach peeking out in the background. (I had more, but the sun made the picture quality fuzzy. Have I mentioned my camera is only 2.1 megapixels? And that I'm a sucky photographer?)



Here are a couple of beach shots. Eagle Beach is considered one of the most beautiful beaches in the entire world. I'm sure you can see why.



Here are hubby and me on the beach. We're under a palapa, which is like a beach umbrella but quite large and made of wood and branches. You need the shade after a little while under the incredibly hot sun. (Notice my JewFro is being blown around by the strong trade winds, which make the Aruban climate bearable for humans.)

LIZARD ALERT!!!! I love iguanas, and they're everywhere here in Aruba. However, if the prehistoric creatures freak you out, cover your eyes and scroll down to the pix of me and hubby at Salt & Pepper, a fun outdoor restaurant in the high-rise district where all the tourists hang out.


The trees in front of the hotel are where all the iguanas congregate. They're usually quite well-camouflaged, but I think you can see this one pretty well.


This saucy specimen was quite unafraid of us, and allowed me to take his picture while I was looking down at him from the staircase leading up to our room. He even looked at the camera! What a natural!



Finally, here we are at the restaurant. We got a lot of sun today, especially hubby, who is so red-brown he looks Native American at this point. (He's now musing on his imaginary relatives who bravely strode the plains and hunted wild buffalo.)

Hope you enjoyed them - I'll probably post a few more before returning home next week!