- Bring down the price of oil, and the price of everything else that is affected by the price of oil;
- Stop the U.S. from spending $2 billion a week on the never-ending occupation of Iraq;
- Help people pay off their ARM's whose interest rates have suddenly ballooned to 25%;
- Create jobs for the unemployed or under-employed; and
- Prevent illness-related bankruptcies.
It won't? Oh. Then I guess I'll just put it in the bank for the next time I have to fill up my tank or put food on my family.
I have to say, I think most people knew this crash was coming. I knew back in August, and I'm just a dumb opera singer. But in a weird way, I'm glad this happened now. I'm glad that people see that when Republics are in charge, this is what happens to the economy - and these are the types of solutions you get - because I think the Rovian plan was to try to stave off disaster until 1/20/09, and then blame the Democrats for the Bush Recession/Depression. Na. Ga. Hopin.
I don't think the American people are going to forget those pathetic little checks at the voting booth in November.
It's the economy, stupid.