My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://madamab.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Hillary Clinton's "Invisible" Ad is a Winner.

If you haven't seen this yet, please take thirty seconds to take a look.

My husband and I actually started crying when we saw it. This was the first Democratic campaign ad in many years that succeeded in moving me, because DAMMIT, I did not sign on for this horrorshow of a government, overseen by demonic creatures like KKKarl and Dick and Condi and soulless, emotionless George. I want a government that reflects traditional American priorities like justice, peace and prosperity for all. I don't want my government to keep trying to scare me into hiding in a corner, pissing my didies in fear of scary brown people. In short, I do feel invisible and Hillary's ad made me feel she understands me. (She "feels mah pain", one might say.)

And I'll tell you what else she understands. Senator Clinton has very, very high negatives for someone running for president. She has a reputation, fair or not, of being too cold, too wonky, and too calculating. If she's going to overcome those negatives and make it all the way to becoming the nominee, she's got to do something to counter those impressions. What does she do? Creates an ad that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy. Hillary Clinton is a GENIUS!!! (Hey, they can say it about Nazi KKKarl, why not her?)

Here's my favorite part about this ad - the White House response, and Senator Clinton's parry.

Dana Perino, Peroxide Princess of Pissiness, had this to say:

"As to the merits of it, I think it's outrageous. This is a president who, first and foremost, has helped millions of seniors across the country have access to prescription drugs at a much lower cost," Perino said. "As to whether or not our troops are invisible to this president, I think that is absurd and that it is unconscionable that a member of Congress would say such a thing."
And Hillary:

"Apparently I've struck a nerve."
Oh, yes you have, Senator. And you do. Keep on striking that nerve - it could take you all the way to the White House.

No comments: