My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://madamab.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, June 9, 2008

Hillary's Speech on Saturday...

read the account of an eyewitness here. (If you haven't visited Hecate's blog before, please do. She is an amazing woman with a lot of interesting things to say.)

The speech is incredibly poignant and heartbreaking. I can't comment on it right now because I'm still too upset that, although Senator Clinton was behind by barely 100 pledged delegates, she was forced out of the race before the Convention. Nothing like this has ever happened in the history of our country.

Let us hope that the next time a woman runs for President, we will be more honest about the challenges she faces.

I will talk more about sexism in general in the coming days. Let me just say this: I wish I had the faith in Senator Obama that Hillary Clinton appears to have.

I tend to believe my own ears and eyes more than I believe speeches by a politician, however, no matter who she is.

Obama's got a LOT of work to do to earn my vote. Let's see what happens.

No comments: