My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://madamab.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, June 2, 2008

PUMA - Party Unity, My Ass!

Over at the Confluence, a new group has formed: PUMA.

Apparently PUMA members are a tad upset that the DNC has granted itself magical powers to give votes and delegates to a candidate whose name was not on the ballot. This was the last straw for the PUMA folks. Furthermore, they are tired of being berated and blackmailed and taunted and told, "Where else can you go? Shut up and vote Obama!"

As for me, I believe that Obama and his supporters do not understand simple English words.

For example, the word "unity." When you are promoting "unity," that means you are promoting coming together to fight towards a common goal.

But what is that common goal? An historic loss to McCain in November? The ascendancy of an illegitimate candidate, who has rigged the nomination with the aid of the DNC and questionable caucus results in red states? The admission that sexism and misogyny are Democratic values, and that Democrats really DON'T believe in counting my vote?

These are not, I repeat, NOT, my goals for the Democratic Party. And I believe that most core Democrats would be horrified by anyone asking them to support these goals.

Therefore, "unity" is not what Obamans mean when they cajole, condescend, or abuse in order to try to force you to abandon your beliefs and vote Obama no matter what. No, what they are referring to is "submission."

Well, if there's one thing I've learned from the Democratic Party from 2006 to today, it's that submission doesn't make bullies (like Bush) back down. No, all it does is empower them.

I have no intentions of empowering the New Plutocratic Party in its desire to purge itself of All Things Clinton. As The Bowers Manifesto proved, they have no clear goals for what happens after the work of The Holy One is done, Praised Be His Name.

They can do their dirty work without my support, because I am a proud and forever Old FDR Democrat.

Or, as I call myself now, a member of the PUMA Party.

Here are the action plans:

The action plan for PUMAs is:

1.) Dissociate yourself from the party. Tell them you will not be a party to its self destructive behavior.

2.) Reflect on your values. Read the credo at the top of this site and create at better one. Keep the language general and inclusive. Concentrate on universal truths and beliefs. Avoid wordsmithing.

3.) Stick together. We are powerful as a unit if we do not fall victim to the psychological warfare that is about to be directed at us. Turn off the media. Avoid conversations with trolls. Stand firm and do not yield.

4.) Remember that there is a better alternative. Hillary Clinton is the strongest candidate for the party and the nation. She has a lot of support out there. The nation will rally around her if we let them know we are not giving in. We must not let her concede one inch. Stand firm. Send her your good thoughts. Send her money. Do not give up.

5.) Spread the word.


Now that's a political organization I can be proud of.

2 comments:

madamab said...

Judith - I agree! I would LOVE to have viable alternative parties in America. In my view, we should change our electoral system drastically in order to enable this to happen.

Check out this detailed post on the steps I'd like to see taken.

Thanks very much for your thoughtful comment! :-)

madamab said...

I agree - the weekend should ALSO be a national holiday. And yes to the automatic registration.

More voices are always better, from where I sit! :-)