My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://madamab.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Why Hillary Clinton is My Current Choice for President

My first choice would be Al Gore, but (sniff! sob!) he's not running at the moment. So right now, it's all Senator Clinton, and this recent flap with the Lackey du Jour at the Department of Defense illustrates why.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I thought the Senator was brilliant in her response to Undersecretary of Defense Eric Edelman's ludicrous accusations. She took the offensive by calling his charges "outrageous and dangerous", and she immediately forced Secretary Gates' hand by pointedly demanding to know whether he agreed with the charges the lackey had made. Gates was forced to back down, and the lackey disappeared into the obscurity from whence he came. Game, set, match, Hillary.

Now, a lot of my friends have been asking me about John Edwards. I like a lot of things about him. I like the fact that he's addressing the issue of poverty, for example. But when the White House employed the Lackey Strategy against him by dispatching a rightwing Catholic to slam his hire of two liberal female bloggers, he fell apart like a wet Kleenex. Mr. Edwards should have told the Lackey to go to hell, and raised questions about HIS Christianity, but instead, he was caught playing defense, and the two bloggers were soon gone. And in 2004, when then-Senator Edwards debated the Master of Evil, Darth Cheney, he looked like a schoolboy who had wandered into the teachers' lounge by mistake. He barely got a swipe in as Cheney smoothly pummeled Edwards with lie after lie.

The bottom line is: if you can't stay on offense, you can't beat the Republics. Hillary Clinton can, and she will. And so for now, she's my girl. Sock it to 'em, Senator!

(P.S. Be vewy vewy quiet. I'm weading Hawwy Potter. Hehhehhehehhehhehhehhehheh!)

No comments: